• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Payment for training course

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maciver

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

I am going to employ some people whom I must put through a training course before I can bill the health insurance company for their time. I want to pay them enough during the training (40 hours of classroom training and 40 hours of 1:1 supervision with clients) to get them wanting to work for me BUT I need them to work at least 100 or so hours after they complete the training in order to recoup the costs of training them. I would really like to pay them for completion of the online classroom training (rather than paying for each hour of training) as I believe this would be a good insentive for them to complete the training. Would it be legal to do that?

Thanks.:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">