• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

payment of insurance premiums

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimtal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan
i am currently on short term disability for a shoulder injury that happened outside of work. my health insurance is paid half by my employer and half pretax by me, and my aflac is paid entirely by me ( pretax). my employer is demanding me to pay the premiums even while out of work. my question is , whether or not i'm responsible or is my employer. i am still an employee and will be returning to work. the business is privately owned and employs 10 full time employees. thanks, jim

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Even if FMLA applied, which it does not due to the small size of your employer, you are still responsible for paying your portion of the health insurance premiums. Nothing in Federal law or the law of any state says that you are exempted from paying your portion of the health insurance while you are on leave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">