• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Payoff / Business questions?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hoobie

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NC

Any info or experiences relating to following please share...Thanks

1) I am in the 30th month of my 42 chapter 13 monthly payments. Ever heard of the remainder of payments being paid in a lump sum (12*x=lump sum)? At one point I thought that you had to pay at least 36 months before considering payoff without having to pay all of the unsecured monies back?

2) Anyone know or have any experience in opening a retail business while on their chapter 13 payment plan? Sounds crazy but I have a person that will invest 100% the $$$ needed for me to open a business. If so what kinda thorn in the side can creditors or trustee be for me to do so at this time... being in a chapter 13 with 12 payments left.

BTW, Anyone know if there is a website that you can get a credit report from for free...no strings attached?

Thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">