• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

--Paypal is screwing me over ebay sale--

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

linkavb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

In a month of May I sold over ebay I sold Gucci authentic Italian shirt. The shirt was a gift and didn't fit me. Retail was over $600. When I posted my auction on ebay, there were 26 bids total a bidding war going on and this final bidder won it over a few cents over 2nd highest bidder.

The final bidder did not pay for more than a week after auction ended and I had to open an "unpaid item ticket" through ebay. I sent her multiple messages through ebay's system and she never replied. In her feedback I noticed that she did have previous sale and the seller was complaining that she screwed him over $700 transaction.

Anyway, that should've been a red flag for me but ebay pressed her and she finally paid for the transaction. In my auction I did list : DOMESTIC sale only. Yet she ignored my post and paid $10.00 shipping to ship to Australia (I am in USA).

So I went to local post office and shipped it after I received the payment. I purchased the shipping (the cheapest possible) since she did not pay a dime more nor was able to communicate with me over shipping/insurance. So I ended up paying MORE for shipping than she paid me. I DO have my recepit but since it was a large envelope rather than a box, I did not have to fill out detailed customs form.

I shipped on May 19th of 2011 and she paid through paypal. On June 14th I am getting an email from paypal "we are charging back the $xyz because the buyer indicated she did not receive the item" - I logged on. Took a photograph of my original recepit (good thing I saved it). Uploaded to paypal and provided the tracking number!

The tracking number when logged into usps.com says only the day when it left faculty of my local branch and that's it. It's like they don't track it anymore. It says "still in transit". I called Paypal today. Talked to them they said the ticket will be closed in buyer's favor wich is due in 3 days.

I asked them WHY am I being punished I am losing the money and very expensive boutique (brand new) item only because they are "PROTECTING" the buyer? It's NOT my fault the postal service is slow or lost my package since I did not buy insurance on it with my own money (that was my mistake).

So in a few days I'll be without item and without large sum of money. Paypal says "they are sorry" but why do I have to suffer? I provided my proof of shipping. THe buyer refused to pay anything extra for shipping and now they are blaming me??

Is there anything I can do? I plan going to post office tomorrow asking them why the tracking only shows when it left faculity and not being scanned at locations?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cyjeff

So, you are saying that the purchaser did NOT receive it?

Unfortunately, until the purchaser receives it, the onus is upon you. Honestly, you should have insured it.

have you called the shipping company to see what they could do?

FlyingRon

If you are going to play the ebay games, you're going to have to have to learn the rules. "Photocopies of shipping receipts" means squat. Only online electronic tracking counts. Furhter, only tracking that shows DELIVERY will suffice, so insurance for to protect YOU is a good idea.

linkavb

have you called the shipping company to see what they could do?
It's United States Postal Service. No I am going there sometime this week but I am 99% sure they aren't going to say anything useful.

Thanks for the feedback u2

YOU are the sender. You could send it by special messenger to make it more secure .. so, currently you have no proof that the item was received.

You are responsible to insure it gets shipped to the buyer's location (not the buyer -- how can the buyer do this, he does not have the item).

That's why there exists INSURANCE ...

I am afraid that your case will not be changing unless the person actually gets the merchandise. My fingers are crossed !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">