• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PayPal item dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vognev34

PayPal item dispute
I filed a paypal dispute for item not as described and was told to return the item. Item was a $190 phone and was stuck in Restore mode after I updated it the same day I got it. I suspected some water damage and returned it. As soon as the seller got it back he said it was simple restore and the phone was fixed. Now as soon as PayPal refunded me the seller filed a counter claim with PayPal saying the phone he got was not the one he shipped me! And to my horror PayPal refunded him and took the money from my account! I emailed PayPal the exact email I got from the seller regarding the simple restore on the phone. They said heir dicision was final and debited my account. I told this seller to return my phone but he never responded. At this point I am out of the phone and money! I am from NY and he is from CA. Can I file a police report or ic3 report? What usually becomes of police reports for ebay/PayPal purchases?

vognev34

Police report

Since this seller has been ignoring me so do I have any chance if I file a police report? What usually happens if I file such a report for an item that was valued less than $200?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">