• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paypal reversed transaction scam after completed transfer...please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PaypalVictim

What is the name of your state? Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada (still posting as I need advice badly)

7 months ago I sold $800.00 USD worth of Asheron's Call (an online subscription game) items over E-Bay and used Paypal as the money transfer method. I recieved the money into my bank account and was able to spend it. A week later after checking my e-mail I had a note from paypal stating that the $800.00 had reversed in transaction and my account was -$800.00 USD.

I tried contacting them and they did nothing. I sent them all kinds of very personal information as they requested (credit card/banking statements, etc) and a week later they Locked my account. It has been locked for 6 months now.

Today I recieved a letter from a credit bureau that I owe Paypal $800.00USD or else.

For someone who doesn't work this is a lot of money to round up, in other words, I don't have it. I spent the money before I knew it was reversed... Needless to say... I had given to the buyer his purchased items before I had even known about the reversal.

Bottom line here, don't use paypal, unless you want to deal with crooks, and end up in a similar situation.

I am completely frustrated in this matter and honestly, I have no idea what I am going to do about it. Will they take to court or are they part of the mafia? It's all too shady.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">