• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paypal threatening to send my 16 year old to collections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

single317dad

Which would be all well and good if a lost delivery was being claimed here. I have personal experience with Paypal with regards to claims of defective merchandise as a seller (3 months AFTER the sale) and how they will default to the buyers side almost automatically.
Buyer and seller protection have always worked as advertised for me. As a buyer, if you're not pleased with your purchase, return it for a refund. I generally offer this to my buyers anyway, so it's not a problem for me.

If you think you can use Paypal without accepting returns, you're gonna have a bad time. Buyers should open a dispute within 45 days of payment. The only time I've had any case as old as 90 days when opened is a chargeback for fraudulent card use. In those cases, Paypal eventually gave me the money and ate the loss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">