• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paypal won't let me use my email address without legal action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PayrollHRGuy

I'll bet that both email addresses were entered on the mailing list. The entered it first with the DOT then when Ms Brown didn't get her list she called someone and they just added without the DOT.

To Gmail and any other mail system the DOT could have been any legal character.

Two things have to happen for email to bounce back. 1) The address must be a bad address and 2)the receiving domain must be set up to send the bounce message. If the email is a good email like in your case it isn't going to bounce.

Example, [anylegaladdress]@mydomain.com will make it through to us to a holding account. I make a salesperson go through it at least weekly (usually when they are sitting around stealing oxygen) just to see if there are any sales or customer requests that are real.

quincy

bmmpxf is currently accessing PayPal with his .edu email account - and he has a legitimate concern that he might lose that account. I believe that many .edu email accounts are time-limited.

I still think he should simply change his email. Changing emails is also a good way to eliminate those on your contact list that you never contact or that you don't want to be contacted by.

eerelations

What I'm saying is that if you send an email to [email protected] it isn't going to go to [email protected].
Yes it will! I have a friend (a tech guy) who told me his gmail address over the phone - [email protected] - and when I read it back to him, he said "Yes, you've got it right, but don't worry about the dot in the username, gmail doesn't recognize those." Astounded by this statement, I did two test emails, one with a dot and one without one, and he received both!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Thank you, ee.

PHG, I'd like to invite you to come over and view the emails for yourself.

quincy

Yes it will! I have a friend (a tech guy) who told me his gmail address over the phone - [email protected] - and when I read it back to him, he said "Yes, you've got it right, but don't worry about the dot in the username, gmail doesn't recognize those." Astounded by this statement, I did two test emails, one with a dot and one without one, and he received both!
Interesting. I have one contact with a dot between first and last name and, if I forget the dot, it is returned as undeliverable.

Maybe it makes a difference in what name is used and/or if the emailer has opened several accounts with variations on the original (one with a dot, one without).

eerelations

Interesting. I have one contact with a dot between first and last name and, if I forget the dot, it is returned as undeliverable.

Maybe it makes a difference in what name is used and/or if the emailer has opened several accounts with variations on the original (one with a dot, one without).
Is it gmail that you're emailing to?

And no, my tech friend has only one gmail account, one with a dot (I asked him about this during my astounded phase).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">