• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pays support but other end doesn't get it!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sbslion

Hello,

For years and years I had child support payments go out of my paycheck, in different jobs. Stll, my doughter's mom claims she only got a check once in a few months and for hardly a quater of the money I gave. Also, my doughter is now 20 but the bill seem to just have grown....it is so big it seems as if I have never payed a thing.

I suspect someone along the way has been stilling oney, either the companies I worked for or someone on the child support side. What do I do? I you had a similar case please contact me, or if you know how I can details on tracking the money and where it went over the years.

Desperate,
David
[email protected]

U

Ukiah

sbslion said:
Hello,

For years and years I had child support payments go out of my paycheck, in different jobs. Stll, my doughter's mom claims she only got a check once in a few months and for hardly a quater of the money I gave. Also, my doughter is now 20 but the bill seem to just have grown....it is so big it seems as if I have never payed a thing.

I suspect someone along the way has been stilling oney, either the companies I worked for or someone on the child support side. What do I do? I you had a similar case please contact me, or if you know how I can details on tracking the money and where it went over the years.

Desperate,
David
[email protected]
I assume you have a wage assignment and they (CSEA) are automatically taking it out of your check...

You need to go to their office and request in writing that you want a full and complete audit showing where all monies you paid to them were applied.

You have the right to ask for an audit of your case from as far back as the begining. They will have these records. Once you submit the request you have to give them 30 to 60 days to complete the audit, after that, if you do not hear from them, you are entitled to a court hearing concerning your request.

I also suggest you check out your state giudlines on child support, this will give you a better indication of your rights.

Either way, I have found it not only invigorating, but satisfying to write a few letters to get the attention of the Administrator, as well as the District Attorney to alert them to the potential problem (only after the first 30 days of ignorance of your request). Also call, if necessary, every other day.

Don't harass them, just let them know you mean business. It works, I've done the same thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">