• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PC place wont fix my computer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nballstar

What is the name of your state? Ca

I took my computer into a shop to get it fixed and the lady said it would be a few days. It has been abour 3 weeks now and my computer is still there. They said they sent it somewhere to be fixed. I need my computer back and the guy said if I want it back it wont be fixed and he wants to charge me for labor of taking it apart and doing stuff to it, but it isnt fixed yet. Can they legally charge me for a job that hasn't been done? they quoted me a price the day I took it in and said it would be a few days, it it wasn't. Also a guy at another shop said he could do it in a week which is why I want it back, but I dont think I should be charged if the computer isnt fixed. I didnt get a reciept either.

Most computer places have a diagnostic charge, which they will deduct from the total repair cost if you choose to get it fixed by them.

Ask them what "work" they have done. I do computer work and if it took me 3 weeks to fix a computer, I think I would have called the client and told them it was going to take 3 weeks(when most computer repairs take 1 week) and make sure you could leave the computer with us for 3 weeks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">