• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PCT for non-member country

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

manuko1977

Hi.
I'd like to file a PCT patent, but being from Argentina, I need another person to sign the patent from a member country.
I lack this person but my priority date is expiring.
Could I file the patent to get the filing date, and add the person from the member country in another moment? I'll tr to get someone.

Thanks.

divgradcurl

Hi.
I'd like to file a PCT patent, but being from Argentina, I need another person to sign the patent from a member country.
I lack this person but my priority date is expiring.
Could I file the patent to get the filing date, and add the person from the member country in another moment? I'll tr to get someone.

Thanks.
The answer is probably no. The actual answer would be dependent upon what the rules are for the member country in which you will be filing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">