• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Penal Code 28.01(A), 28.01(B) placing a handbill on a car, Can someone go to jail for this as a misdemeanor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kevinperelman

I was curious to the misdemeanor crime of 28.01(A), 28.01(B) placing a handbill on a car? I was told that it is ILLEGAL to pass out flyers or put a business card on a car and can go to jail for this. But yet, I have the Government putting papers on my cars all the time for road construction so cars won't park there, on those days.

Can someone go to jail for this? I heard of old wives tale laws like Oral sex in California is illegal, is this like the same type of unheard of thing? Like a Police officer going Postal?

Would it be strange his his co-worker told you "If you ever take a picture of a person, I will exercise the law in my own way"

If someone is willing to go this far? How much father would they go? I would like to know more about 28.01(A), 28.01(B)

Last edited:

quincy

I was curious to the misdemeanor crime of 28.01(A), 28.01(B) placing a handbill on a car? I was told that it is ILLEGAL to pass out flyers or put a business card on a car and can go to jail for this. But yet, I have the Government putting papers on my cars all the time for road construction so cars won't park there, on those days.

Can someone go to jail for this? I heard of old wives tale laws like Oral sex in California is illegal, is this like the same type of unheard of thing? Like a Police officer going Postal?

Would it be strange his his co-worker told you "If you ever take a picture of a person, I will exercise the law in my own way"
Are you located in Texas or in Los Angeles, California?

Your question has nothing to do with legal ethics or lawyer malpractice.

Jail time is unlikely, if ticketed under Los Angeles' Municipal Code section 28.01.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">