• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pennsylvania Blacklisting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But in this case it is the same agency and the same location.
It isn't the same agency, or the same building, or anything else as far as I know. It is just for the same county. The only other thing they have in common is that they have some of the same people. Like they live at the nursing home, but her and her people handle their finances and such.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You would have to look at the employment laws for county employees. No idea where that would be, and frankly I think it's very much a long shot. Can you imagine how much time it would take if they were obligated to interview every single person who applied no matter what?

Whoops2u

Whoops2u - Speaking of UPS, I currently work there (also as a sorter) and that is another example of a place that is extremely desperate. Their threats that they made to you were completely unfounded. I've seen countless people come and go, along with loads of people that come and go as they please. It is almost impossible to get fired because, as you know, that job is horrible and they are desperately in need of people. Plus the Teamsters Union. As sad as it is to say, as long as you don't do anything horribly unsafe, physically attack anybody, or steal something, you aren't getting fired there.
Today's low unemployment is a far different job environment than a little under 40 years ago when unemployment, inflation and interest rates were far higher. Perhaps they have changed their policy since then.

PayrollHRGuy

It isn't the same agency, or the same building, or anything else as far as I know. It is just for the same county. The only other thing they have in common is that they have some of the same people. Like they live at the nursing home, but her and her people handle their finances and such.
That is not what you implied in your original post. That said, if you know they aren't going to hire you why do you feel the need to waste bot your and their time?

A "Quincy thing?" Interesting. Your attitude is showing. :)
Not even close! I'm tempted to constantly email them pics of my :poop::poop::poop: from random email accounts!!! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: Honestly, I'm pretty irritated about this whole situation. That place is known for being HORRIBLE to work at and a large part of that is because of the crappy people they hire and how short-staffed they are. I worked there with an agency since said interview (which management was completely unaware of because it is a huge bureaucracy where nobody knows what anybody else is doing. Case in point, they've literally called and emailed me multiple times to get me to come in for an interview after my horrible interview where I hurt the guys little feelings apparently, but I digress..) and I had a girl talking about doing cocaine and she became irate and caused a scene when I asked for help with something that legally requires two people to do. They really can't afford to be blackballing people, especially not people like me who have constant praise about my work I'm not upset that they don't want to have an interview, I found out that the better job I wanted was no longer available and I wasn't going to go for that job anyhow. I planned to email them and cancel the interview. What I'm annoyed with is the stupidity and childishness. And coming from me, that is really saying something! :eek:

You would have to look at the employment laws for county employees. No idea where that would be, and frankly I think it's very much a long shot. Can you imagine how much time it would take if they were obligated to interview every single person who applied no matter what?
Thanks, I'll look into that!

Today's low unemployment is a far different job environment than a little under 40 years ago when unemployment, inflation and interest rates were far higher. Perhaps they have changed their policy since then.
I know a guy who has worked for them 4 times in about 10 years. I can't say what it was like back then, other than I heard it was a lot worse in every way except pay, where if was like triple minimum wage to start.

That is not what you implied in your original post. That said, if you know they aren't going to hire you why do you feel the need to waste bot your and their time?
I should look into communicating better via print apparently because I've been largely misunderstood here it seems lol. With that said though, after finding out that the job I was interested in wasn't available I was going to contact them to cancel the interview for that exact reason! No point in wasting their - or infinitely worse, my time! :devilish: Unless you mean by trying to force them to interview me or something? If that is the case about what you mean, I had no intention of doing that...

commentator

You could spend a lot of time trying to find out such things as whether or not the county operated long term care facility would have the same type of hiring requirements as the commission on aging and you'd still not have answered anything meaningful in your situation. City, state and federal are the big three that are sometimes governed by civil service requirements different from most jobs, certainly from most private industry jobs because they are usually governed by civil service. If you deal with popularly elected officials, without civil service, there'd be a danger they'd clean house each time a new administration came in and that they'd sell jobs to buy votes. But there is also to be remembered that any federal contractor may be under requirement to interview the qualified veteran in many cases, veterans preference is huge in their requirement for who they do and do not have to interview, if not hire.

A "council on aging" may be a privately operated entity which administers federal aging money, that's usually the case. Either way, whether they are both the same type of government employer, which I suspect not, based on my years of experience with such, there's nothing illegal about what they are telling you. They pegged you as someone who'd be unpleasant to interview again. Before even bothering to present as borderline polite, you walked out. You felt they were wasting your time. They may have felt the same. Why should they be forced to interview you again at this point? What your wife is calling blacklisting and saying is illegal is not, but if you feel so led, you might want to let yourself be told this by a labor attorney in your area.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Look all you like, but I'll be extremely surprised if you find anything even just at the county level that says they're required to interview you. Be prepared with links to the law if you plan to come back and tell us you found one.

Just Blue

Look all you like, but I'll be extremely surprised if you find anything even just at the county level that says they're required to interview you. Be prepared with links to the law if you plan to come back and tell us you found one.
I would seriously doubt that anyone that is inclined to send pic's of their :poop: to an agency that won't interview them would have the ability to look up a law. Jus' sayin'. ;)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Okay, suppose they did interview you, and then declined to hire you again. What would be your take on the situation then?

I would seriously doubt that anyone that is inclined to send pic's of their :poop: to an agency that won't interview them would have the ability to look up a law. Jus' sayin'. ;)
That is a maturity issue, not an inability to use Google! :p

Okay, suppose they did interview you, and then declined to hire you again. What would be your take on the situation then?
As I said, I don't want to interview with them again and I was going to cancel it myself after I found out that the better position that I wanted was no longer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">