• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pension dilemma!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lily508

What is the name of your state? MA

I have been filling out an application for a small pension from the Catholic Church, with whom I worked for years ago. I noticed that they had the wrong date of birth (I would still be old enough to be eligible for the pension though). They sent me a record of my wages while working for them and I noticed that I had filled my date of birth wrong, on last digit I made a mistake! I've had such problems getting to this point with them, basically not getting back to me, literally it's taken a few years back and forth, I'm worried that they may find me ineligible because it's my mistake. Does this sound likely? Should I bring it to their attention? Thanks!

adjusterjack

I noticed that I had filled my date of birth wrong, on last digit I made a mistake!
Like what? You put year of birth as 1946 instead of 1945. Something like that where it's only a 1 year difference and you are still old enough to qualify for the benefit.

Put the correct date of birth on the current paperwork (if it asks for it) but don't call attention to it.

Otherwise it's up to you to decide on what to do. It's not really a "legal" issue that anybody can advise you on because there is no way to speculate on potentially unknown consequences.

lily508

Hmmm, they did ask for copy of my birth certificate, so they'll find out from that I suppose, it seems like it should be OK but there is a caveat at the end of app. saying they can withdraw offer for any reason:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">