• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pension plan help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J.DeanTroubled

Hi, I'm new here but I have a burning question. Any advice at all would be helpfull.

I was terminated from HIP Administrators of Florida, INC. over 10 years ago. During that time I paided in to a pension plan that was matched by the company and 15 years later I was fired. They told me because I woked there for 15 years they were not going to give me my pension untill I retired at age 65 wich would be in 2026. This year my husband lost his job and were in serious trouble and about to lose our home, I really need this money or even a portion of it right now. I just turned 49, is there anything I can do at all to get the money from my pension plan?

If this isn't the right thread feel free to lock this.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Pension plans are very highly regulated by law and it is very, very unlikely that the employer has the option of releasing any money until you are of retirement age. I have never even heard of a pension plan under which even early retirement could be taken prior to age 55.

NHfather

I'm not an expert on this but you can get your pension early if your disabled and i'm sure there would be plenty of red tape involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">