• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pension question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gsc3zny

can not responding to a letter cause the sender to perform actions you dont want do? i was a union member until 2000. I had a pension and an individual acct, not an ira./ the union said they sent me a letter in 2001 saying if i did not reply, the money would be rolled into the pension.. i never recieved the letter, but they did it anyway. is that legal? can they do something by you not responding to them?

adjusterjack

i never recieved the letter, but they did it anyway. is that legal? can they do something by you not responding to them?
I'm guessing that there were provisions in the account agreements that allowed them to do just that.

Why are you addressing this 17 years later?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
So you haven't looked at your pension statements for 17 years?

Sorry, but they are allowed to make changes to the administration of the funds and if you don't respond to them, they have the right to move forward.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">