• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pensions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Michael bucher

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Calif the carpenters union said they sent me two letters requesting that I give them tax information for last yr. I revived no letters except a letter this morning that was certified and had to sign it, I did so upon opening it stated that my pension was being suspended ? I called they guy said I needed to go to SSI office get a form stating I haven't worked last yr. and that they were holding my ck until they revived the form. Can they legally hold my check hostage like that ?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Calif the carpenters union said they sent me two letters requesting that I give them tax information for last yr. I revived no letters except a letter this morning that was certified and had to sign it, I did so upon opening it stated that my pension was being suspended ? I called they guy said I needed to go to SSI office get a form stating I haven't worked last yr. and that they were holding my ck until they revived the form. Can they legally hold my check hostage like that ?
I cannot tell you whether or not they can do that, but I can tell you that you can get a copy of your SS earnings record online at ssa.gov.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">