• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

People telling my girlfriend I have a criminal record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Then why doesn't she go back to finish packing up? As you state, there has been no issue with physical violence. Tell her to take a music player and headphones if she doesn't want to hear him.

quincy

She left her house because it's on his property and his house is about 50 yards away. She reported him to CYS and left her house because he is constantly verbally abusive to her and her children calling them names such as "retards" and making fun of them.
CYS agreed it was the best thing to do to get the children away from him.
If CYS thought it best that she and her children leave her house, I can understand why she left. I am not sure her living conditions currently are what is best, though.

Can you get a job to help support the family? Is it possible for your girlfriend and children to live in North Carolina with you or are there court orders preventing her from leaving?

If CYS thought it best that she and her children leave her house, I can understand why she left. I am not sure her living conditions currently are what is best, though.

Can you get a job to help support the family? Is it possible for your girlfriend and children to live in North Carolina with you or are their court orders preventing her from leaving?
I agree that the current living conditions are not what are best for the children, but at the moment we have no choice.

If putting our relationship on hold would help, I would do it in a heartbeat. All she has is me though. Yes I am working and helping to support, we must cannot find a place to rent.

She can't move back to NC with me due to having to go to court over the ongoing custody battle. Its an 8.5 hour drive from here to there, and she can't make that every week.

quincy

I agree that the current living conditions are not what are best for the children, but at the moment we have no choice.

If putting our relationship on hold would help, I would do it in a heartbeat. All she has is me though. Yes I am working and helping to support, we must cannot find a place to rent.

She can't move back to NC with me due to having to go to court over the ongoing custody battle. Its an 8.5 hour drive from here to there, and she can't make that every week.
Thank you for answering my questions.

You are definitely in a tough spot. Finding a place to live seems to be your first priority. If you are employed, you should be able to find a low-cost rental that can see you through for the short term.

You want to get off public assistance.

Thank you for answering my questions.

You are definitely in a tough spot. Finding a place to live seems to be your first priority. If you are employed, you should be able to find a low-cost rental that can see you through for the short term.

You want to get off public assistance.
Thank you for trying to help, unlike others on this thread.

Thank you for the link as well.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
They do when they are trying to punish the mother and drag it out as long as possible. Non deadbeats also pay decent child support, not a pittance.
In other words, in your opinion, he should be paying more, so you call him a "deadbeat" which indicates that he is failing to follow the court order.

Slander.

In other words, in your opinion, he should be paying more, so you call him a "deadbeat" which indicates that he is failing to follow the court order.

Slander.
Nope. He is failing to follow the court order. He is behind, and he barely has to pay anything.

I'm talking about the evidence that they found on the internet that you had a criminal record as compared to evidence you have that you don't.
My evidence of my innocence is my record straight from the courthouse. As in, I have no record at all. I've never been arrested or even in handcuffs. It does not matter to them, as they keep believing what they find on the internet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">