• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Perjury and wrong address??!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CAliving

What is the name of your state? CA. See I live in Stanislaus county. I bought my car about a year ago and it’s had a misprint typo for my address (it’s supposed to be a 3 instead of 7). At least 6 months. I was terrified to see that I signed that this information is correct under penalty of perjury. I changed my address though for sure two weeks ago. How likely is it that if I was to get a traffic ticket the fine would increase or that I would even be arrested? I talked with an aunt who works for the county (including with criminal justice area) for 20 years and she said I’m OK as long as I admit it was an honest mistake and I changed it which I did.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? CA. See I live in Stanislaus county. I bought my car about a year ago and it’s had a misprint typo for my address (it’s supposed to be a 3 instead of 7). At least 6 months. I was terrified to see that I signed that this information is correct under penalty of perjury. I changed my address though for sure two weeks ago. How likely is it that if I was to get a traffic ticket the fine would increase or that I would even be arrested? I talked with an aunt who works for the county (including with criminal justice area) for 20 years and she said I’m OK as long as I admit it was an honest mistake and I changed it which I did.
You're fine.

CAliving

You're fine.
Oh mind you I want to my cities traffic police and gave them my right address. They said for me to just change it and I did not get in trouble at all. Don’t you think that’s a good sign especially if I showed the police my correct address and still did not get in trouble?

Just Blue

I have legit ocd; I would not want to troll.
You're behavior on this site is inappropriate. Asking member(s) what city/town they live in is VERY inappropriate. Starting 4 thread on the same matter is also inappropriate.

Please discuss with your psychiatrist how to control this compulsive behavior.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">