• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Permanent Protective order despite lack of proper service by interested party. Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eekamouse

When you get righteously spanked in court by the irritated judge who is going to be disgusted with your waste of his time, be sure to come back here and graciously admit how wrong you were.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
As if I would admit that I was "evading service". Trust me. If I knew about the hearing, I would've been there and used the opportunity to expose my stepdad's abuse against me!

Not sure you are correct (in a legal sense) that he is NOT an "interested party." Hoping to hear others on this too.

Again, I'm in Colorado....and every state seems to have different laws about these things.

P.S. Crap...does this mean I can never buy a gun again?????
Are you aware of what the purpose is of "being served"? It's to make you aware that there is a legal action involving you, so that you can respond... which includes showing up in court.

Your dingbat dad gave you bad advice.

Got it....so you don't know the answer. Since any attorney I know can be impartial on this stuff (since their job requires them to do that to be good at what they do) I highly doubt you are an actual attorney...or any good at your craft.

This is the internet after all. And I'm a firefighter...because, the internet says so. See what I did there?

I don't believe you are a real attorney for the reasons I listed above. Real attorneys aren't that emo.

But here is my question, if.....you.....are....smart...enough....to.....answer....it:

Since my momma and sister are named as the protective parties on this, the way this reads is that I can't go near their home and place of work. Fair enough, if this were legit. But since my vigilante stepdad lives with them, at that home which is listed as a protective place (that I can NOT go anywhere near) then doesn't this make him an "interested party?"

Again, I understand that under normal circumstances my stepdad can serve me or anyone. But since he lives with the protective party and their home, then doesn't this mean he is/was an "interested party" and therefore is not allowed to serve me?

If true, then shouldn't I be able to get this dismissed? I get that they will just serve me again, but at least I get MY day in court too and I can offer MY side of the story....maybe even bring a lawyer into this.

Or don't answer it, and prove to yourself and everyone else you simply don't know the answer....now if you excuse me, I have to go to another website and pretend to be an attorney too!

Sincerely,

Perry Mason
She knows the answer. She gave you the answer. Just because you don't like the answer does not mean that the answer was not given.

1) Yes, stepdad can serve you. Even if.

2) No legal guns for you.

3) You need a lawyer because given your thick skulled attitude, you'll need to pay someone in order to get anyone willing to help.

In other words, the real reason why the “attorney” of this site won’t answer my question is because I am right. I will take her non-answer as proof of that. Good to know...

So now that I know this, my next step I will take is that I will get this BS dismissed.

Buh-bye
Again, a really thick skull.

Getting an answer you don't like is still an answer.

He’s an interested party. He lives with them. He has an interest in protecting himself and his property. He is therefore too biased to be the kind of neutral party that can serve this properly. The CO law linked by Quincy MD clearly says as much. This is why people hire PIs or go with the sheriff’s dept. Too easy for someone to lie, and that’s exactly why my stepfather did this.

Confident any competent judge will see this as defective service and squash this on those grounds. Not rocket science.

Thank for the links and free legal advice (inadvertent or not).

Ciao
This has already been addressed: he. can. serve. you. Even if.

Look, you were aware that they were trying to serve you, which means that you were aware t hat they were attempting to take some sort of legal action against you. What was stopping you from looking up the court calendar? Sticking your head in the sand hasn't worked well for you.

Stop listening to your dingbat dad.

But the person who served me (my stepdad) has his address "listed" in "the order." Hence, that makes him an "interested party."

Again, not rocket science. And very "clear", to any judge at least.

Thanks again for your "advice."
No. No it does not. As you have been repeatedly told.

Restating the answer you want to hear does not make it correct.

First, I am not an MD.

Second, I am not convinced you read the information provided on the linked site.
I was rather fond of the show back in the day.

Quincy MD would rather agree with your POV, quincy.

freelanced

That makes his house off-limits to you. You are not restrained from seeing your stepdad elsewhere. He was not a party to the action or on the order. Colorado does not have "interested party" as an element of the law.
BS! You guys just done saying that if someone’s name is on it, then they are considered an “interested party” and this couldn’t serve me. And I’ve now gone on plenty of sites about CO law that uses the language “interested party” in the law about protective orders.

The only question here is if my vigilante stepdad was an “interested party” to this. His home address, his “interest”.

I’m not a lawyer and even I figured that out.#MAGA

Just Blue

BS! You guys just done saying that if someone’s name is on it, then they are considered an “interested party” and this couldn’t serve me. And I’ve now gone on plenty of sites about CO law that uses the language “interested party” in the law about protective orders.

The only question here is if my vigilante stepdad was an “interested party” to this. His home address, his “interest”.

I’m not a lawyer and even I figured that out.#MAGA
What EVERY PERSON who has responded to your thread has said over and over and over is that his living in the protected address with the protected partied does NOT make him unable or disqualified from LEGALLY serving you.

BTW: What was it you did to your sister when she was 4 that you don't want to be judged on? Did you molest her? Assault her?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Just for a moment, let's pretend you're right. You're not, but for the sake of argument, let's pretend you are.

What does that gain you?

Do you think for a single minute that if this order were to be found invalid because you weren't served properly, you wouldn't immediately be served with another one, right there in court, in a manner that even you couldn't deny was proper?

So what's your point?

quincy

... Quincy MD would rather agree with your POV, quincy.
More importantly, the top ten fictional TV lawyers would agree with me. :D

Here is one more link to the law: http://www.cod.uscourts.gov/Portals/0/Documents/Forms/CivilForms/Civil_Lawsuit_Guide.pdf

Read page 16, freelanced. If you can't understand what you read there and you cannot understand what has been said here, please seek assistance from a lawyer in your area who can draw it out in pictures.

Last edited:

Just Blue

Just for a moment, let's pretend you're right. You're not, but for the sake of argument, let's pretend you are.

What does that gain you?

Do you think for a single minute that if this order were to be found invalid because you weren't served properly, you wouldn't immediately be served with another one, right there in court, in a manner that even you couldn't deny was proper?

So what's your point?
To abuse his family some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">