• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Permanent Suspension Review

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gabbosgold

What is the name of your state? SC

Back when I was young I accumulated 6 or 7 dui's. In 1987 is when South Carolina permanently suspended my driving priveledge. :eek: I sobered up
in 2000 after an arrest for Public Disorder and have been clean since then.
Though I still have no drivers license, are there any laws that I may impose
regarding "cruel & unusual punishment" ? Just recently, I found that a "7 years, no arrest" record would gain me a hearing in court, but since that arrest in 2000 disqualifies that, is there any other justifiable measures that would warrant the 5 years that I've been clean & sober, or help re-instate
my driving priveledge ? :confused:

Last edited:

gabbosgold

Why should I be reconsidered for a license, you ask ? It is virtually impossible to live a decent life in this world without a driving priveledge. Try going for a week without any wheels under your ass ! I understand the reasoning behind the punishment, however...people change for better or worse. I changed for the better and deserve a chance for independance again. Having gone 18 years without a drivers license is just like 18 years in jail. I've never killed anyone, I still have a life ahead of me, and people need to know that I do exist !

gabbosgold

ZERO !! August of '95 was the last time that I drove a vehicle. life without a car is like a life without freedom. This limitation towards life itself is limiting, unproductive, and deeper than depression can ever be. I accept myself for what I've done, I've changed myself for a better life, and now I'm ready to start again. Would you consider no drivers license a disabling condition ?

gabbosgold

My lawyer told me that a reinstatement hearing would be disqualified because of my public disorder offense in 2000, and told me not to show up for court on Monday, 7th of Novemeber 2005 http://www.oconeesc.com/court/NON JURY ROSTER.htm . Lawyer says that I will be eligible in 2007. I just want to know if that is all I can do, should I have been in court for at least a review, and is the "7 year law" the only law that would apply for being re-instated a drivers license ?

gawm

After 18 years, you would think you would be use to the Shoe Leather Express by now. I'm all for 2nd chances maybe even 3rd chances, but six or seven chances, no way! If you think not having a drivers license is a disabling condition try living with a wheel chair because some stupid ass drunk driver ran into you or try living your life when your beautiful teenage daughter gets killed on prom night because of someone like you.
Having gone 18 years without a drivers license is just like 18 years in jail
NOPE, not even close. You have no idea how easy you got off!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">