• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Permanent visa status "refusal"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

littleJoe

What is the name of your state? CA

I have a relative applying for US green card based on relative of US citizens. During the interview outside of US on 3/15, the consulate officer ask my relative to provide an updated proof of relationship between the relative and the sponsor as the previous one was notarized many years ago. The whole interview was smooth and there were no other issues. The relative submitted the required documentation on 3/30.
Then on 4/24 the relative noticed from online visa application status that her application is at "refusal". Does this "refusal" mean denied or just "on hold" pending for processing of required new documentaion?
Also the consulate office hasn't returned the passport of the applicant as of today (5/17).

Should my relative concern about her application, or this is just pending for approval? Thanks in advance.

L.J.

Moses Apsan

What is the name of your state? CA

I have a relative applying for US green card based on relative of US citizens. During the interview outside of US on 3/15, the consulate officer ask my relative to provide an updated proof of relationship between the relative and the sponsor as the previous one was notarized many years ago. The whole interview was smooth and there were no other issues. The relative submitted the required documentation on 3/30.
Then on 4/24 the relative noticed from online visa application status that her application is at "refusal". Does this "refusal" mean denied or just "on hold" pending for processing of required new documentaion?
Also the consulate office hasn't returned the passport of the applicant as of today (5/17).

Should my relative concern about her application, or this is just pending for approval? Thanks in advance.

L.J.

Moses Apsan

It been denied. You will have to try again. Make sure she has evidence that shows her intention is to return to her home county.

LdiJ

It been denied. You will have to try again. Make sure she has evidence that shows her intention is to return to her home county.
1. She is applying for a green card, not a visa, therefore she does not intend to return to her home country. Therefore it would be inappropriate to attempt to prove that.

2. This thread is about 6 weeks old. The original poster is long gone at this point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">