• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Perscription Drugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alfmuss3

Nebraska,
Yesterday, I had a fight with my wife and I had to spend the night at an adult crises center. I got out today.
When I was arrested, I asked the officers to grab my briefcase with my chronic pain meds in it so I would have them dispensed to me as needed.
I gave them the combination so they could open my briefcase. Let’s get this straight right off the bat. I have prescriptions for all my meds. Kadian (Morphine) 100mg and 80mg
Probably two to three hundred of each, IR 30mg morphine about 10pills, Methadone 10mg about 200 pills Norco 10-325 about 170pills, Celebrix 100 and 200 mg pills about 150 total, Flexrail
About 200 pills, Vitorin about 20 pills, Amatiza 50pills for constipation from the morphine, Methadone 10mg about 200 pills
Cealis for ED because of all the drugs, Parafon Forte mussel relaxers, I had Ambian Cr
So I can sleep. Well yesterday and last night I went cold turkey the police will not release my meds until they perform an investigation on my meds because, I transferred my last prescriptions of morphine to large sandwich bags so if I ever forgot to spin my combination On my briefcase and my 19 daughters got into my case she wouldn’t know what they were, and hopefully leave them alone. As, she has got into my meds in the past.
Here I am up all night totally disabled with 16 screws in my neck with chronic pain in my Neck Upper and Lower back, Typing this question with my mouse and on screen keyboard one letter at a time. This pain totally consumes my life.
Please tell me, do I need an attorney?
What are my rights with respect to chronic pain meds?
Did I do something wrong?
I will call my doctor in an hour!

I take Methadone 30mg 3 times a day
Celebrix 200mg one a day
Lexapro 20 mg one per day
Flexrail - one three times a day
Vitorin - one a day
Ambian one at night

All prescription readouts were given to the police.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Do you have prescriptions from these from a legitimate doctor?
Did the same doctor write all the pain meds?
Sandwich bags?

You better have a lawyer lined up. Your story starts out sounding OK but gets cloudier as you go along.

You have 19 daughters?

alfmuss3

Prescriptions Drugs

Yes , all prescriptions are from the same doctor i've been seeing him once a month for 3 years now. Every month for the scrips for the narcotics (Morphine 100, 80 and 30mg Methadone 10mg, Norco 10-325)
I put the Morphine pills I had banked because I Got cronic constipation and had to take 3 day breaks from the meds to go to the bathroom. I put them in large zip bags so my 19 year old daughter wouldn't know wat they were. I've totaly disabled for 8 years now.
W/C accident.

lealea1005

Where are the prescription bottles...you know, the ones with YOUR name and the name of a licensed Physician on them....for the 400-600 Morphine and the 170 Lortab pills?

alfmuss3

Prescriptions Drugs

I have all of them plus I got a readout from wal-mart bac to 2000 fo the police and they still wont reease my case and no charges have been filed on me.

tranquility

You are supposed to keep such medications in their original containers. With such a variety and amount, it is unlikely you are supposed to be taking all at the same time and you will be accused of doctor shopping.

You need to see an attorney who can advise on those or any other criminal charges. That attorney, if you have not committed a crime(s) can go about getting an injunction to have the police return your medications. The police do have a right to conduct a reasonable investigatin regarding such an unusual varietya nd amont. However, I think it is unlikely you have not committed at least one felony in regards to such amounts and variety.

alfmuss3

Prescriptions Drugs

My Daughter has got into my meds in the past, and it led to her having addictions plus trading meth from her friends in trade for my meds. The zip locks make it harder for her to identify my meds and has detoured her. I no longer take the morphone but may get switched back to it in the future Kadian is very expensive. Only one doctor has filed my scrips since 2000 in Nebraska.

alfmuss3

Prescriptions Drugs

Also my scrips never leave the house expept once a month to be counted by my docter.
They are always locked in my case.

tranquility

I advise you to not give such explinations/excuses to the police. I suggest you get an attorney who will advise you to remain silent as anything you say can and will be used against you. I do not know the drug laws in the state you are talking about but suggest this will probably not just go away because you think you've done nothing wrong.

alfmuss3

Prescriptions Drugs

Thanks guys,
DEA just called and told me I commited no crime in my home, if cought on the street it would have been another story. I can pick my med up by noon.
Thank Again.

Ozark_Sophist

Thanks guys,
DEA just called and told me I commited no crime in my home, if cought on the street it would have been another story. I can pick my med up by noon.
Thank Again.
Hope you have an attorney on standby when you go. It could be a ruse to have to you come in and be arrested.

FlyingRon

Hope you have an attorney on standby when you go. It could be a ruse to have to you come in and be arrested.
I also suspect it might involve some "non-custodial" questioning. You'd be advised to follow the aggregate advice. Have a lawyer ready and remain silent.

TGIMHOMESAFE

They sell those daily and weekly pill dispensers at Walmart etc, and there is NO WARNING LABEL on them saying you can't carry it in your car or that you must carry a script with it... SO Then why would it be illegal to have 3 different pills in one of your own RX bottles? (Have scripts, just not with!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">