• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal artwork of famous movie/book characters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dbalynne

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? OH

I have done a number of Lord of the Ring art pieces. They do use some of the characters of the movie faces. However all the works are orginal. I would like to possible sale some of the works on journals, card and such. I was not sure if I need to contact the actor, Tolkien estate, or the studio to get permission to sale the pieces.

divgradcurl

dbalynne said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? OH

I have done a number of Lord of the Ring art pieces. They do use some of the characters of the movie faces. However all the works are orginal. I would like to possible sale some of the works on journals, card and such. I was not sure if I need to contact the actor, Tolkien estate, or the studio to get permission to sale the pieces.
Go to www.uspto.gov, search the database, find out who owns the trademarks, and contact those persons or corporations for permission.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">