• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal injury car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cgs

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Illinois

I had an accident on 09/03/03. A lady ran a red light and hit me head on. It was 100% her fault and no fault of mine. I was just at the right place at the wrong time. The woman actually admitted to her fault at the scene of the accident. I was successful in getting the woman's insurance company to pay for repairs to my vehicle. It took some time and negotiation, but they did it. I am now having a hard time getting the insurance company to settle on the personal injury part of the claim. They seem to be dragging their feet on this part. The girl working on the claim told me, at first, to contact her immediately when my doctor released me from treatment which I did. I thought that she would work on it right away. she keeps putting me off. I called her today and she told me that she has everything to process the claim, but I just need to be patient with her. How long should I wait until I hire a lawyer to take care of this part? Is there anything I can say to this girl to get her to move a little faster on settling this claim? Thank you for your time.

JETX

"How long should I wait until I hire a lawyer to take care of this part?"
*** You wait until you either get tired of waiting, or the SOL nears, or they settle. Determining how long is too long is up to your evaluation.

"Is there anything I can say to this girl to get her to move a little faster on settling this claim?"
*** Of course there is. You can tell her that if she doesn't resolve this matter within 10 days, you are going to go to her house and murder her entire family in their sleep!! That will likely get SOME action started!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">