• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Injury Lawsuit Settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



This question is two sided, please understand.
A) My boyfriend is in the process of suing a hotel in Mass. due to bodily harm received while on hotel property. It looks as if he will win the suit. He would like to know if he can sign the money over to either myself or his parents for safe keeping. This $ would be put in to a sort of trust fund for him. He doesn't want to let the $ go to his head and spend it foolishly.
B) Is this against the law if he does this while he has a child that he pays support for. Does he have to inform the mother that he came in to $ even if he wants to have some of it put in to a trust fund for her too?


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential