• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dhall5546

I was at a vehicle storage facolity getting personal belongings out of my totaled truck. Upon leaving, I was told by
an employee to lock the gate back, I did so.
I turned to go to my vehicle to leave and was struck on the head by razor wire hanging low on the OUTSIDE of the fence on a small stretch of the fence resulting in a trip to the ER and getting five stiches.
This was witnessed by our three small children. I notified the person on duty that an accident had taken place and I was on my way to the emergency room. I asked the owner for medical bills, $780, and his reply was that he wasn't sure that he was resposible for the bills. WE have since heard nothing from them and it appears that they don't plan to pay either. What am i entitled to? Medical compensation? Pain and suffering?Loss of work?

L

lars coltrane

First thing to do is to go back to the storage lot and take photos of the fence and razor wire.

If the wire is low as you describe, you would have a case. You are entitled to make a claim for medical bills, loss of earnings, other out of pocket expenses, and pain and suffering (this would include recovery for scarring if you have a permanent scar).

I would take the photos and then see a lawyer about representation. Cases where there is scar can be have a greater value, but you need to see a lawyer first to help you make that determination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">