• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jllwatson

6 year old fell off of deck

i am in sc. my 6 year old daughter fell off of a deck at someone else's house 1 1/2 years ago. the deck did not have proper railing. Her injuries included a fractured skull and damage to the frontal lobe of her brain. she had to undergo brain surgery and was in the hospital for a week. she has also been to rehabiliation therapy. the homeowner's insurance company has already accepted liability, but hasn't paid out anything. how should we base the amount of our settlement claim? she has a scar and may need future therapy. i've seen a lawyer, but he started talking about mega bucks that he could sue for -- we only want to get enough to cover medical bills, reimburse us for out of work time, and to get my daughter something for her pain and suffering.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">