• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal property stolen from work vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

annajo1

My work truck was broke into and my personal tools used for work were taken. The value of these tools was around $850.00. My employer is now saying that they will not replace the tools. I was never informed of this so called policy neither in writing nor verbally when I was hired. Do I have a right to file a claim against my employers insurance to replace my tools? Also if I do have a right to file and my employer is to terminate my job because of the claim, do I have any legal rights to take action against my employer for wrongful termination? Please some one advise!!!!! Thank you. P.S. The truck was parked at my place of business after hours when the breakin took place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">