• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personl Injury Insurance Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dejoan

California,
My injury was settled by the homeowners insurance company. Pain and suffering and lost wages. I was presured by them to sign off any future claims. No one said anything about the fact that my personal insurance company would be coming after me to get the medical reimbursed, two years after the fact. I did not settle for much money only my losses and now my insurance company wants half of my pain and suffering which amount to $1300. I had a severe injury to my arm and it will never be right. I feel deceived by both insurance companies and do I have any recourse or can they come after me for this money.

Last edited:

vrzirn

If your medical insurance coverage paid your bills while the case was being settled they are now entitled to recover that money from you.
You do not say if you had a PI attorney represent you. If you had, perhaps you would have gotten a larger settlement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">