• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Persons of Interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stover

I rented my house to a family. They had to move because the man discharged a gun in the backyard of the property within city limits. Before they moved-out, items in the house such as (Stain Glass Windows, Chandeliers, Leaded Crystal Door Knobs, Wall Sconces, Leaded Crystal Doors, Iron Fire Place Insert) where taken. The house is in Ohio but the items were sold in Kentucky. I found some of the items on eBay. I purchased the items and the man who had them gave me the name and phone number of the man he purchased items from. I gave all this information to the police. The police said they could not arrest or question the tenant or the man who sold the items because of jurisdiction. The police said they cannot arrest them or force them to talk to them. Is there any way or anything the police can do to talk to them as persons of interest?

xylene

You should sue them for the money spent and the value of the unrecoverable items, and also the cost to fix the house and to replace the fixtures with theft proof ones.

LdiJ

I rented my house to a family. They had to move because the man discharged a gun in the backyard of the property within city limits. Before they moved-out, items in the house such as (Stain Glass Windows, Chandeliers, Leaded Crystal Door Knobs, Wall Sconces, Leaded Crystal Doors, Iron Fire Place Insert) where taken. The house is in Ohio but the items were sold in Kentucky. I found some of the items on eBay. I purchased the items and the man who had them gave me the name and phone number of the man he purchased items from. I gave all this information to the police. The police said they could not arrest or question the tenant or the man who sold the items because of jurisdiction. The police said they cannot arrest them or force them to talk to them. Is there any way or anything the police can do to talk to them as persons of interest?
Call the police in Kentucky if the guy lives in Kentucky.

quincy

Please clarify.

Did you file a claim with your insurance company for the stolen items?

Did you report the theft to the police in Ohio?

Did you go through an eviction process with the tenants or did they vacate your house after the gun incident? Was the tenant who fired the gun arrested?

Do you know where the tenants now live?

You can sue your former tenants over damages to your house and property loss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">