• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pets in mobile home park

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wannawin

We live in a mobile home park. We are charged $5.00 a month per pet, max 2. Our babies(cats) never go outside. My question is, why are we being charged for our babies, since they have nothing to do with the community. Is it legal ? We live in Michigan.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
We live in a mobile home park. We are charged $5.00 a month per pet, max 2. Our babies(cats) never go outside. My question is, why are we being charged for our babies, since they have nothing to do with the community. Is it legal ? We live in Michigan.
Yes.

And they're not "babies". They're cats

FarmerJ

Your really not going to find anything out there regulating rental fees like this when the tenancy does not involve service animals ( the only reason I can think of for a landlord of a mobile home park to do this is if the house itself is rental or if they have had higher sewer maintenance fees from residents who try to flush used cat liter or if by some off the wall reason wet cat liter has driven up trash collection fees but even at that do you own the house and rent the lot or do you rent the house ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">