• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petty theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Beth Sally

Keokuk, Iowa

A Friend of mines was convicted of petty theft in 5th degree she has to the court fines off with $50 each month but, she's only able to pay $25 this month. What will happen and could she possibly go to jail?

Just Blue

Keokuk, Iowa

A Friend of mines was convicted of petty theft in 5th degree she has to the court fines off with $50 each month but, she's only able to pay $25 this month. What will happen and could she possibly go to jail?
She should ask her attorney.

Beth Sally

I got permission common sense is to get permission before you do anything or ask someone for advice about business that isn't yours. Stay off this question unless you have real advice not she should ask her lawyer. Your advice isn't help. If she had a lawyer common sense she wouldn't ask me to ask around for advice so unless you can actually help out don't say anything.

Just Blue

I got permission common sense is to get permission before you do anything or ask someone for advice about business that isn't yours. Stay off this question unless you have real advice not she should ask her lawyer.
I don't need your permission to post to this thread. The correct advice for your friend is to take her info and seek an attorneys advice.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
She could, of course, call the court on Monday and let them know she'll be short. But really? Better to have her ask her own questions.

quincy

Keokuk, Iowa

Please be pleasant to the volunteers on this site. Thank you.

Your friend should call the court and ask for a modification in her payment plan. Most courts are willing to work with those who cannot afford to pay the fines. Your friend could request community service hours in lieu of fines, as well. This option may be available to her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">