• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PFA and kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aherring8

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
My daughter has begun to take her son to school and his dad wants to be a part of it. That's ok, but my daughter has a PFA against him and she has primary custody. Where does the law draw the line with his contact with the boy and her at the school?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
My daughter has begun to take her son to school and his dad wants to be a part of it. That's ok, but my daughter has a PFA against him and she has primary custody. Where does the law draw the line with his contact with the boy and her at the school?
Does the PFA apply to Mom and son or just Mom?

Dad's rights have not been terminated, correct?

Hisbabygirl77

and if child is not on the PFA is there a reason mom needs to present when father is at school with son...Im assuming for drop offs/ pickups that sort of thing?

aherring8

PFA applies only to mom. dad's rights not terminated. mom has primary custody and drops off and picks up son. dad does not need to be there.

aherring8

I raise the initial question because dad verbally attacks mom while they wait for son to come out of school. then he follows her to her car and is in her face. He insists on putting son in car all the while she tries to keep a peaceful atmosphere in presence of son. very hard to do.

LdiJ

I raise the initial question because dad verbally attacks mom while they wait for son to come out of school. then he follows her to her car and is in her face. He insists on putting son in car all the while she tries to keep a peaceful atmosphere in presence of son. very hard to do.
Then dad is not obeying the terms of the PFA. Mom needs to call the police when dad behaves like that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">