• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pharmacist gave wrong medication.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

94za4

Medication names.

Hi guys,
I am back with the names of the drugs for those of you that are curious.

I was supposed to originally get Relafen (Nabumetone) an NSAID, instead it was filled with Robexin (Methocarbomol), a muscle relaxant.

Thanks again.

ecmst12

Honestly because the names are so similar and they are used for similar conditions, I wonder if the root problem here is the doctor's handwriting.

My doctor's office went "paperless" and all their prescriptions are typed now and the doc just has to sign them, in part to avoid problems like this.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Honestly because the names are so similar and they are used for similar conditions, I wonder if the root problem here is the doctor's handwriting.

My doctor's office went "paperless" and all their prescriptions are typed now and the doc just has to sign them, in part to avoid problems like this.
Or, the pharmacist or tech filling the Rx grabbed the wrong bottle off the shelf, or maybe slapped the wrong label on the bottle. I've noticed on a Rx that I have that part of the name of the generic is in all-caps; I'm sure that it's because the chemical name is similar to another product. Most pharmacists (if there is some question) would be calling the prescribing physician to double-check. But, anyway, no harm, no foul.

lya

Hi guys,
I am back with the names of the drugs for those of you that are curious.

I was supposed to originally get Relafen (Nabumetone) an NSAID, instead it was filled with Robexin (Methocarbomol), a muscle relaxant.

Thanks again.
It's Robaxin, not Robexin. See how easy it is to make an error with drug names? ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">