• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone Calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Id

I have an ex that lives in another state that keeps calling.
He does not call to talk to the kids all the timee, he calls me at work as well. These calls are excessive to the point that with in 30 mins. he had called 9 times. This was at 7am. Is there anything I can do to make him stop calling to harass me so much at home and at work.
Please help


Under the Radar Member
You can file for a restraining order. And speak with your HR department to have them file for one, as well.

Son of Slam

Senior Member
Call his phone company and pretend to be him. Tell them you will be gone on business for a month and don't want your children to be running up long distance charges, will they please turn off your phone.:D


Senior Member
when he calls you at work, does it go through an operator or is it directly to your phone? If the first, you can request any call from Mr. X to go right to your voicemail. If the second, once he calls hang up.

The It

You might try sending him a certified letter (with receipt of delivery) politely requesting him to stop calling you at work and clearly state that you consider the calls to be harrassing. Give a copy of the letter and receipt of delivery to your local police station and ask them to make a note of it. If he continues to call you at work, get incoming call records, witnesses, any documentation, anything that supports your cause and the police may be able to help you with an anti-stalking or anti-harrassment order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential