• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone Card Monopoly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JustTina

I'm in Ohio and wondering about something. Not sure which forum area this belongs in, so I'm posting in a couple. I know someone who is a resident at a Rehab/Correctional facility here in Ohio. The facility prohibits outside phone cards being given to or used by its residents. Residents must either call collect, at $6.10 for ten minutes, or purchase phone cards from the facility at $15 for 30 minutes. Is there anything illegal about having such a monopoly on phone card usage in a place like that? I have paid close to $1000 for phone calls over the last six months from this place. If I could have bought a phone card at a discount chain and had my friend use that, I would have saved a fortune. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">