• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

phone harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

annika

Maryland

I work under a very unprofessional man. He uses crude language,
makes crude jokes and treats me like his peronal secretary(even though I am an engineer). But I never complained to anybody.Last Friday a manager from a client company pciked me up from our office to go out. This was around 5. He asked me when I was leaving and I said in another 2.5 to 3 hours.

Around 9 at night my business cell phone rang. Nobody usually calls me this late and I did'nt get to in time since I was busy. There was no message. 5 mts later it rang again and I looked at the number. It started with the area code of the building maint company(of the office I work at) and since I had reported a faulty fire alarm light , I thought it was them returning the call.

It was however the client manager, someone I had never worked with and only greeted in passing.He did'nt have my number.He said he was calling me because my boss asked him to.I heard my boss in the background yelling that he had asked him to.Then this client asked me to join them for drinks and when I said I was at home, asked me to come down anyway. I asked them where they were because I suspected them to be drunk. He said they were at a steakhouse. He then proceeded to ask me where I lived and tell me he had a town house in the area. He soon picked up on my unwillingness to carry on the conversation and said so and said that he was looking forward to meeting me soon. At this point my boss started screaming that he had asked the client to call me.I hung up.

What do I do? This shocked me and my fiance.I do not ever want to work with this guy again.

Beth3

Sounds like they were being drunken idiots but that's not illegal. One stupid phone call inviting you out for drinks is not harassment.

You can quit anytime you like. Whether you want to wait until you have another job lined up is up to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">