• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

phone price advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brcell103

What is the name of your state? Penna.
Hi.I have recently purchased a contract with nextel phone co.for 3 ic60 phones threw the local dealer for 54.99 each for a term of 1 year.starting 12/05/03. The question that i have is do i have any rights if the items go on sale 12/26/03 for 1 dollar that the dealer must honor price changes on items within a 30 day period?
I have called nextel and there reply was they normaly would honor the new price but that i would have to go threw the dealer that im still trying to locate???I know i have herd this being applied to other items like clothes and stuff.... any help on this answer would be helpfull thank you:(

JETX

"The question that i have is do i have any rights if the items go on sale 12/26/03 for 1 dollar that the dealer must honor price changes on items within a 30 day period?"
*** No. What you are asking for is called "price protection". And if your contract didn't have that provision, you have no subsequent right to try to claim it.

"I know i have herd this being applied to other items like clothes and stuff...."
*** Yep, in those cases (like Best Buy, etc.) they provide that 'price protection' as part of their sales offer (contract) to you. It is also printed in their flyers, ads, etc. However, it does NOT apply unless agreed to BEFORE the purchase.

"any help on this answer would be helpfull thank you"
*** You're welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">