• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PHONE SEX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

arthur

I live in Maine, Is phone sex or cyber sex legal with minors?? a) if both are minors? or
b) one is an adult? Finally, does it matter who calls who?

T

Tracey

Let's see.....
You can't be charged with Possession of sexually explicit materials as long as you do not possess any mechanically produced visual material. So, don't print out the pictures.

You can't be charged with Sexual exploitation of a minor because a minor typing on a computer is not sexually explicit conduct.

You can be charged with Dissemination of sexually explicit materials for possessing any mechanically, electronically or chemically reproduced visual image or material that depicts any minor, who the person knows or has reason to know is a minor, engaging in sexually explicit conduct. This includes pictures sent over the net whether you print them out or not.

Cybersex is most likely to result in the charge of disseminating obscene matter to a minor. This occurs when a person knowingly distributes, or exhibits or offers to distribute or exhibit to a minor, any obscene matter declared obscene, in an action to which he was a party, pursuant to subsection 3.

So, the two disseminating crimes are your biggest worry.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

[This message has been edited by Tracey (edited June 17, 2000).]

H

HolyRoller

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by arthur:
I live in Maine, Is phone sex or cyber sex legal with minors?? a) if both are minors? or
b) one is an adult? Finally, does it matter who calls who?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know those shows where people call in and vote on different issues?

Did you ever notice there's always like 18% that say "I don't know".

It costs 90 cents to call up and vote... They're voting "I don't know."

"Honey, I feel very strongly about this. Give me the phone."

(Into Phone) "I DON'T KNOW!" (Hangs up looking proud.)

"Sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe you're not sure about."

This guy probably calls up phone sex girls for $2.95 to say "I'm not in the mood."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">