• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

phone use ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eddie44

Illinois/Chicago
Received a ticket for talking on phone. Decided to send check instead of fight. Next correspondence said fine increased by %500!! to $540! filed a "summons in administrative review" form but don't know what I can say in court to fight increase. Sent check 2 days after ticket. never received back and never cashed. Advice on what to do at review? 8/19

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Sure, but I would have made a copy of it before sending it out.I'd keep copies of everything until I had a disposition in writing.

eddie44

Of course I did not make a copy of check. besides if I wanted to I could just make a copy of another and bring it. what would that prove to the judge? I'm guessing not much except the fact that I don't trust our postal service or the clerks office to process the payment. Sorry I don't mean to be flippant but this whole business really pisses me off. where does the gov get off imposing a %500 penalty on anything? First they make a bogus law**************.no talking on your phone while driving, then they make the fine so that it doesn't pay for you to take off work to fight it......who's gonna miss a days work $150-$200-$250 to fight a $100 fine? Nobody! and then they want their money in 7 days? who the hell has an extra $100 just laying around? and then when they "don't receive" payment they jack the fine %500!! What a racket!! Not sure if you've heard but they just found out that the $65.000.000 contract the city of Chicago signed for red light cameras**************.yes I said 65 million**************was just found out to be scamming the public by having the cameras operating falsely and**************.... get this **************at street lights where the yellow lights timing was reduced by as much as a couple seconds in many instances!! Scam! Scam!! Scam!!!If someone can help me beat this bogus fine I would greatly appreciate it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">