• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

physical custody care & control

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cntryhrt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa/Nebraska

Thank you for all your input in my last post.

So today I find out that my ex won't even be in town during the weekdays of his two week visitaion. His wife still goes out of her way to disrespect me, and nobody seems to be bothered by the fact that she signed as a guardian. I am so completely torn by the fact that I know nothing of the circumstances of the care of my daughter during those two weeks. (She has never been away from me for more than 5 days.)

I guess I don't understand why he is so pressed to have her if he is not even going to be home. And do I have any thing to say about this? What does being the physical custody, care, and control mean if I have no say about the care of my child when the father isn't around? :confused:

penelope10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa/Nebraska

Thank you for all your input in my last post.

So today I find out that my ex won't even be in town during the weekdays of his two week visitaion. His wife still goes out of her way to disrespect me, and nobody seems to be bothered by the fact that she signed as a guardian. I am so completely torn by the fact that I know nothing of the circumstances of the care of my daughter during those two weeks. (She has never been away from me for more than 5 days.)

I guess I don't understand why he is so pressed to have her if he is not even going to be home. And do I have any thing to say about this? What does being the physical custody, care, and control mean if I have no say about the care of my child when the father isn't around? :confused:
With whom exactly will your child be staying with. And SM is NOT your child's legal guardian. What paperwork did she sign as being guardian?

Last edited:

cntryhrt

With whom exactly will your child be staying with. And SM is NOT your child's legal guardian. What paperwork did she sign as being guardian on?
She took her to a doctor's clinic and had her examined for a physical, sighned as the guardian, had NO reference of me on it(I found the dr and have copies of the paper work) also she enrolled her in girl scout camp w/out noting anything of me, also signed as guardian/stepmom (I also have that original paperwork from girl scout office).

His email only stated that he has no problem with daughter stayting with his mom (neither do I), his wife, or step siblings. I am unsure of details.

Last edited:

penelope10

She took her to a doctor's clinic and had her examined for a physical, sighned as the guardian, had NO reference of me on it(I found the dr and have copies of the paper work) also she enrolled her in girl scout camp w/out noting anything of me, also signed as guardian/stepmom (I also have that original paperwork from girl scout office).

His email only stated that he has no problem with daughter stayting with his mom (neither do I), his wife, or step siblings. I am unsure of details.
As I stated on your other thread, SM does NOT gave the right to represent herself as a legal guardian. I assume you let the Doctor's office know this as well as GS. Did the Doc say if Dad had signed a medical POA allowing SM to take the child to the doctor?

cntryhrt

I know you said that, thank you.

The doctor received nothing from dad. And he ignored the subject when I expressed my concerns with him. It has been a constant email back and forth with nothing getting resolved.

penelope10

I know you said that, thank you.

The doctor received nothing from dad. And he ignored the subject when I expressed my concerns with him. It has been a constant email back and forth with nothing getting resolved.
Keep records of all of this. If you have joint legal Dad could get in trouble if it's found that he is knowingly participating in parental interference in regards to your legal rights as a parent.

cntryhrt

Keep records of all of this. If you have joint legal Dad could get in trouble if it's found that he is knowingly participating in parental interference in regards to your legal rights as a parent.
I am keeping everything, including keeping a log. Printing out all emails, which at this time are emotionally draining me. The things they are saying, the things they are trying to catch me on. I have done nothing wrong, I have always put my daughter first, and given her the things she needed, with or without CS. I just don't know how much more of this I can deal with! I'm not sleeping, eating, not getting my homework done...and quite frankly I can't afford lawyer bills. I am a full time college student.

Thank you everyone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">