• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Physican's Assistant didn't ask for tests that could have shown arteriosclerosis

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



After 33 yrs. as a Texas school administrator, my husband had been driving long haul loads for a major chicken company 1yr & 4 mos. He had tests run in Feb & April by the company and a local Physican's Assistant in the small town we live in. He was not made aware of severe problems and died on July 5 from a massive heart attack from congestive heart failure while asleep in the truck.The autoposy showed 100% blockage in one artery and arteriosclerosis, advanced coronary heart disease with every organ to be enlarged and overworked including some fibrosis in liver,engorged spleen and blood vessels of the brain, with fresh clotting.
As of yet, the attending physicans assistant has not given us a report of previous tests. I believe he should have helped my husband realize how very sick he was. Is there any legal responsibility he or his superior physician should accept. He was prescribing high blood pressure and cholesterol lowering medications for past 3 years, with no referrals to a specialist. My husband would not have driven the stressful trips had he known what kind of condition he was in.


[This message has been edited by dccarr (edited September 11, 2000).]



I think they will counter with 33 years of sitting down in an office, vs the hard work of a truck driver..

He should have taken better care of himself, you hubby should have been in better shape.... before doing any heavy activity.

They will say he is more then 50% liable, and chances are he didnt have a complete physical, x rays ultrasound, etc. so good luck.


the only way to find out if what was done was improper is to request all the records and tests, then have them reviewed by an internist or cardiologist. They would have to determine if the care given was below the standard of care for your community.

Seek the assistance of a good medical malpractice lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential