• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PI marriage needs US divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jgirl2002

What is the name of your state? California.

I got married in the Philippines about two years ago to a PI citizen. However, when I came back to the US I did not file my marriage license with the courts only what I had to do for her to enter into the US and for Tax purposes.

Does it matter since we didn't file our marriage license with the courts?

We both want a divorce and she does not want any support from me after the divorce. She is willing to sign any document stating this.

I own some real estate that I bought years before I married and just recently bought a condo. However, she signed a document waiving her right to own any part of it.

I want the easiest, least expensive, and most legally binding divorce possible.

There are many requirements for a California Dissolution of Marriage.
One website that I went to stated that if these requirements are not fulfilled then I would have to file for a regular divorce. What does this mean? Does this mean that ALL or just SOME of the requirements needsto be fulfilled?

One particular requirement states that neither spouse can own any real estate. But as discussed before I own property with which she has no legal ownership and has signed a document stating that.

This is the site that I got info from.
http://www.california-divorce-laws.com/california-divorce-laws.htm

Does this requirement apply to me? And what extra steps, if any, do I need to take?
Also, would it be wise to use any of the online divorce sites to file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">