• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pick up of a vehicle after divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Apurcell41910

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky
The vehicle was purchased before the marriage by myself, I was asked to get the vehicle off of my ex father in laws property. I have it set up to pick it up but now I am being told that I cannot get it and that the repairs that have been done to the car during the marriage will be undone and damage will be done to the car and that the car will be drug by a tractor and a chain into the middle of the road and left. The vehicle does not have my ex husbands name attached to it at all. The vehicle was wrecked during the marriage and repaired during the marriage. Divorce has been final for approximately a month and he was told then that I would get the vehicle. He told me just yesterday that I had until the end of this weekend to pick up the vehicle. I called him today to tell him that I had it figured out to get it and that's when he informed me that I wasn't allowed to get it and parts would be taken off and damage would be done to the car. Please tell me what I can do about this.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky
The vehicle was purchased before the marriage by myself, I was asked to get the vehicle off of my ex father in laws property. I have it set up to pick it up but now I am being told that I cannot get it and that the repairs that have been done to the car during the marriage will be undone and damage will be done to the car and that the car will be drug by a tractor and a chain into the middle of the road and left. The vehicle does not have my ex husbands name attached to it at all. The vehicle was wrecked during the marriage and repaired during the marriage. Divorce has been final for approximately a month and he was told then that I would get the vehicle. He told me just yesterday that I had until the end of this weekend to pick up the vehicle. I called him today to tell him that I had it figured out to get it and that's when he informed me that I wasn't allowed to get it and parts would be taken off and damage would be done to the car. Please tell me what I can do about this.
Call the police to assist you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">