• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Picture posted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PA- my child posted a video on youtube that may have contained a picture of his private area - and it unfortunately got circulated - unknown to him and the video has been deleted - he received a summary offense citation and has to appear before a magistrate. do you plead not guilty and plead for community service or do I need to have a lawyer present?

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
PA- hypothetically speaking - if my child posted a video on youtube that may have contained a picture of his private area - and it unfortunately got circulated - unknown to him and the video has been deleted - now what if he received a summary offense citation and has to appear before a magistrate. do you plead not guilty and plead for community service or do I need to have a lawyer present?
Hypothetically, you hire an attorney for your child.

You DO understand that this "hypothetically speaking" nonsense doesn't fool anyone...right?

quincy

PA- hypothetically speaking - if my child posted a video on youtube that may have contained a picture of his private area - and it unfortunately got circulated - unknown to him and the video has been deleted - now what if he received a summary offense citation and has to appear before a magistrate. do you plead not guilty and plead for community service or do I need to have a lawyer present?
How old is the hypothetical child?

thanks - new to this - i reached out to an lawyer now - he is going to call me tomorrow. We did talk to a police officer - the resource officer from the school. hope we did not say too much. I did stop the questioning after a few questions. she said she is going to issue a summary offense - if he pleads not guilty - she will recommend community service. it's a shame - but not sure i trust that.

quincy

thanks - new to this - i reached out to an lawyer now - he is going to call me tomorrow. We did talk to a police officer - the resource officer from the school. hope we did not say too much. I did stop the questioning after a few questions. she said she is going to issue a summary offense - if he pleads not guilty - she will recommend community service. it's a shame - but not sure i trust that.
It will be up to the prosecutor whether to pursue charges against your son (and your son's friend). The resource officer can only make a recommendation as to how the offense is handled.

You were smart to stop the questioning of your son. It will be important for you and your son now to rely on the advice of your son's attorney. Do nothing and say nothing about the video, or the sexual assault accusation, without consulting your attorney first.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">