• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pietition for alien relatives-Louisiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rachid

Hello;
Our Case began in 2011 when my wife start the process as Petitioner, I m the beneficiary and the visa was issued but I was denied at US consulate Interview here in Morocco saying to offer more evidence of the support of the petition;our marriage is true and honest ;we got married in 2009 and we still married until now in 2019. My wife lives with me here and I take care of her. My wife is US citizen born in the US .My question is : my wife can she start a new petition again since she live here or she have to be there in US ?what the right process in this case ? Thank you so much

t74

She can begin the petition while living there but will need to reestablish residency and be able to provide support (or another sponsor) for you to be able to immigrate. Since you have been denied once already, I suggest you both consult a US immigration attorney. You may find one with offices in both countries.

Last edited:
It sounds like the Consulate denied your application on the concern that you could be a financial burden to the US.
But t74 is correct, see an immigration attorney especially as President Trump is pushing immigration reform at the moment. The immigration laws seem to be changing daily.

PayrollHRGuy

It sounds like the Consulate denied your application on the concern that you could be a financial burden to the US.
But t74 is correct, see an immigration attorney especially as President Trump is pushing immigration reform at the moment. The immigration laws seem to be changing daily.
Actually, the immigration laws haven't been changed in years. That's part of the problem from the view of both sides of the debate. Enforcement has changed with just about each administration.

t74

I believe the attorney is in the couple's best interest for many reasons. Morocco is known as a high fraud country and there has already been a denial of a visa. There may also be an adverse report in the background check needing attention. Although the petitioner is a USC, it is unclear whether she moved from the US to Morocco to live with her husband or whether she was a Moroccan who just happens to be a USC who is now wanting to move. There is no indication as to how the support requirement will be met since he supports her now with no mention of her employment potential. Just submitting a petition without having a well defined plan is a bad idea. It will be time and money well spent.

Actually, the immigration laws haven't been changed in years. That's part of the problem from the view of both sides of the debate. Enforcement has changed with just about each administration.
You are correct, up to a point.
The ban on entry from those traveling from certain countries, the reduction in H1B visas are a few exceptions, but as you say there are no changes to immigration law. The ACLU and California judges are seeing to that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">