• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plant Breeder Rights - Canada

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jimbo328

Currently being perused by a company for inadvertently, purchasing, not using and advertising a seed variety that is in their stable. I was out of the country at the time of said advertisement and no transactions other than selling the grain as feed (for a loss) occurred. Advertisements were removed once an agent of theirs contacted me about it, do they have a case here or are they just trying to sniff out who I purchased the seed from?

quincy

This sounds like it could be a patent issue?

Whatever the claims made by seed company (infringement on trademark or patent), I don't see that you have any legal action to pursue. Whether the company does would require a personal review by an attorney in your area of Canada.

IP laws in different countries might share similarities but they are not the same.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">