• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plea bargain

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alibi850

I was convicted in 2002 and sentenced to 15 years with a mandatory 3 with a $25,000 fine I accepted a plea bargain and my wife was granted probation after I was incarcerated a year I received the letter from Houston County Dothan Alabama my sentencing County the dad made a mistake on my fine that it was not 25 it was 50 and I've been paying on it ever since now from what I understand neither side defending or prosecutor can renege on the plea bargain once it is finalized and the Senate starts and if that's the case why am I having such a hard time getting someone to help me with this any advice would be very very much appreciated

PayrollHRGuy

What was the order signed by the at the time of your sentencing? To answer that you need to read the actual documents. Don't go by memory.

Just Blue

I was convicted in 2002 and sentenced to 15 years with a mandatory 3 with a $25,000 fine I accepted a plea bargain and my wife was granted probation after I was incarcerated a year I received the letter from Houston County Dothan Alabama my sentencing County the dad made a mistake on my fine that it was not 25 it was 50 and I've been paying on it ever since now from what I understand neither side defending or prosecutor can renege on the plea bargain once it is finalized and the Senate starts and if that's the case why am I having such a hard time getting someone to help me with this any advice would be very very much appreciated
What do you mean "the dad made a mistake"? Who is "dad"?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
And what does your wife have to do with it?

Did you speak to your criminal defense attorney (you know, the one who represented you) about this?

quincy

Could you provide some clarification?

You said your wife was granted probation? What is that about?

Did you have an attorney? Have you spoken to the attorney to ask him to explain the $25,000 mistake?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">