• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plead guilty, now accuser admits false testimony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Six months ago, I plead guilty (to something I didn't do) to avoid a trial where the outcome was uncertain. Now the accuser is willing to sign an affidavit stating they made totally false and entirely fabricated statements which put me in jail and resulted in a permanent misdemeanor record on me.

Now, my question: Can this written affidavit be entered into my file? Is it possible to reverse the guilty plea?




It is possible to withdraw a guilty plea under certain circumstances. You'll need a lawyer to help you file a personal restraint petition. Don't get your hopes up. If the court decides it doesn't believe the recantation, you're SOL.

This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential